Sunday, February 22, 2009

Don't Want to Read that New Release Just Yet?

Do you know what I mean? Am I the only one that almost doesn't want to start on the book you have been waiting anxiously for? You know why, right? Because once you read it...it's over. And then what? Wait another year for the next one? I am so delighted for a reader who stumbles on a great author who has years of previous books to get through. There they are, already written just waiting for new readers to discover them.

A similar feeling is when I finish a wonderful book and I am just not ready to move on to another one right away. Almost as though I won't be giving the book what it deserves. I don't want to part ways with the book quite yet. I want to wear it around for awhile. I want to think back on it. I want to tell everyone about it, even if they don't want to listen. When it starts to fade, then it's time to move on.

Gosh, this sounds like a love gone bad or a sad break-up.

Karol

No comments: