Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mysteries Don't Always Stand the Test of Time

A.J. Holt? Ever heard of this author? aka Christopher Hyde. I just had a great conversation with a young mystery reader that really aged me. I have always found it sweet that so many readers enjoy the type of mysteries from the "Clue" game era. You know, the butler did it with a coat hanger in the library kind of mystery. I personally prefer the CSI type who-done-its since DNA tracks down the real culprit right now. So in walks this great young man that has just finished an A.J. Holt mystery. He was drawn to it because it was a mystery that involved clues on the computer, or in computer games, or something like that. So, now my job is to keep this young reader supplied with mysteries from his era. Computer mysteries! I love my job, honestly I do.

Any suggestions? Has anyone read The Blue Nowhere by Jeffrey Deaver? I remember liking it and I think that was the story line. Ah, see the memory is going, too.

Karol

No comments: